Capital District Community Supported Agriculture
Kristy's Barn CSA 2019
When you become a member of our CSA, you are purchasing a “share” of our harvest and assuming some of our agricultural risks and in mid June through mid September members receive a weekly basket of fresh picked vegetables. Customer who enjoy a CSA are those who like to (or want to start) eating healthy, local and enjoy trying new recipes.new vegetables.
Our CSA baskets include common vegetables, ones everyone are familiar with and enjoys, and also less common vegetables. We give recipes/websites suggestions to encourage our member to try new vegetables, and new recipes for traditional vegetables.
This year, Kristy’s Barn will be offering limited memberships in two, Community Supported Agriculture, (CSA) enterprises, a Summer vegetables CSA and a Fall Fruit CSA.
8 Reasons to Join Our CSA:
- Nutrient-dense foods: Whether nutrition has always been part of your diet, or is a new concept, our CSA is a great way to take the stress out of shopping.
- New flavors: You never know what new flavors you will discover!
- Local: Why haul food hundreds of miles when you can get it in your own backyard? Plus fresher always tastes better.
- Creative cooking: New food means new recipes!
- Hefty haul: If it is a great year, you’ll get LOTS of food! (2017 averaged 11lbs a week, with over 6 varieties!) Great for freezing and eating year-round!
- Diversity: We do our best to diversify our crops to ensure that you have enough in your baskets and on your plates.
- Pick-up food and friends: Weekly pickups are a great way to meet fellow CSA-ers!
- Sharing is caring: If your basket is too full, feel free to share it with a neighbor, friend, or set it in the basket for our local food pantry.
SUMMER VEGETABLE CSA
This 40 member CSA is a simple CSA with veggies available from the mid/end of June through the mid/end of September 2020. Exact dates are dependent on Mother Nature.
Full Share – $550 (deposit $275.00)
Half Share – $320 (deposit $160.00)
FALL FRUIT CSA
This 30 Member CSA will be a simple CSA with a variety of apples and pears included weekly, and our all natural pressed cider provided every other week from Mid-September through October 2020.
Full Share – $125 (Deposit $62.50)
Half Share – $80 (Deposit $40)
2019 VEGETABLE CSA CROP PLAN:
Are non-refundable and due by March 31, 2020 – Balance due May 15, 2020
All deposit checks can be made out to ‘Kristy’s Barn’ and mailed to Ken Johnson at – 2385 Brookview Road Castleton, NY 12033. Please include your name, email, phone number and type of CSA share you are purchasing with your deposit. You will receive a postcard to confirm your purchase.
Late registrations will be charged an additional 10% non-refundable fee.
Sign-up: will be on first come, first served basis.
The Farm at Kristy’s Barn – (2385 Brookview Road Castleton, NY 12033) on Wednesdays between 2 pm and 7/6pm (depending on store hours).
If you are interested or have further questions:
As with any agricultural enterprise, weather conditions dictate the success or failure of production. As a CSA member you are accepting some of the risk associated with agricultural production. We cannot guarantee that all crops will successfully reach maturity. We are a low input producer and use limited spray in our production. We will do our best and use accepted agricultural practices to make this CSA a success.
Sign up to receive CSA details